Yahoo is one of the web service providers in today’s world. It is a search engine made up of news, yahoo mail, yahoo directory and also web portal. Yahoo news updates people on the current happenings all over the world. As a directory, it provides web users a structured view of thousands or more of websites and web pages. It also creates one of the best ways to search the web for a particular topic. Millions of people visit Yahoo website daily. One of the most important keys to services provided by Yahoo is yahoo mail. It is one of the most popular free email services.
Email is a fast and easy way of communication which is very paramount in the world of today. There is provision for attachments and storage in form of inbox which are added advantages. A person who wants to enjoy yahoo mail will have to sign up first. There is a need for one to know all the features of Yahoo mail for efficient use. Such features have specific uses and are inbox (save received emails), sent items, draft (contain emails which were composed but never sent). Others include compose and receive mail, calendars and so on. Creating a Yahoo account is very easy.
Steps for yahoo mail sign up
- Visit www.yahoo.com using your device.
- Select “mail” at the top left side of the page by clicking on it.
- Click on “create account” on the next page that will be displayed.
- Then provide Yahoo with some information including your first and last name, gender, mobile phone number, country, birth date, email address, and password. You are required to give an email address that has not been used by others. The system checks and gives you an approval or suggestions from where you can choose. Also, you will be asked to choose a security question and provide the answer. In case you forget your password, this will be used to make sure that you are the one requesting for it.
Complete the Sign-up Process to adequately secure Yahoo account
- On the next page, Click “text me an Account Key”. This will prompt Yahoo to text a code to the mobile number you entered earlier OR click “Call me with an Account Key” to have Yahoo call you and recite the code.
- Retrieve the verification code from your phone’s Messages app OR wait for your phone to ring if you chose the call option, then answer the call and listen to the recited number.
- Type the code into the “Verify” field on the displayed page.
- Click “Verify” and then click “Let’s get started” on the next page. This will take you back to the Yahoo main page.
- Click “Mail”. This will open your Yahoo inbox, which is set up and ready for use.
This procedure can be done from any browser; Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer etc. Signing up for a Yahoo Account gives users unlimited access to various services offered by Yahoo. These services include Yahoo mail, Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo Directory, News, Yahoo Groups, advertising, online mapping and so on. Yahoo email service is free and opens users to a new opportunity.