Security cameras are a kind of video camera that transmits and receive signals to and fro a particular environment. Cameras can be used anywhere For instance; in the bank, house, hotels, hospital, offices, government house, police station, schools, and any other governmental institution and lost more.
Security camera, on the other hand, can simply be defined as a system used in securing a place or venue against any form of criminal acts, intrusion and also for personal protection. Most of these cameras are IP and internet enabled and can automatically sync their recordings in the cloud for owners with easy and fast access anywhere in the world.
Security Cameras and its Importance
The importance of security cameras cannot be overemphasized. It has to a greater extent curtailed the rate of crime in major cities of the world in houses, offices etc.
- Firstly, one of the most important things about using a security camera is to help in securing homes or offices against any external attack, like assassination and so on. It helps to detect whoever comes inside the compound and the very place the criminal visits and the operation he or she comes to do.
- Secondly, another reason for the use of security camera is that it helps to reduce criminal activity when they know this security camera is in place, the fear will be there for them not to go for such act.
- A security camera is also a useful thing especially when you are not around in the house, business or office. It helps to video camera all the moments been taken by individuals in that particular environment.
- Security cameras are very much small in size, despite its size. It is capable of detecting any slights movements in the place. And also they are capable of recording any activities that took place no matter the time interval. The recording can be edited images and videos saved.
Disadvantages of Security Cameras
There are some disadvantages of using a security camera that you might not know. You should have in at the back of mind that technology, have both positive and negative effect.
- A security camera is limited to a particular area. Despite its rotatory design, it cannot cover the whole area. Unless you have a number of cameras to make it up.
- Also, another disadvantage of security camera is that it can also be hacked immediately the network is been connected unless you do something fast to strengthen your cybersecurity in other not to allow the internet hackers to intervene.
- Also, your privacy as well will be distracted due to the security camera. You might not be free to do whatever you like as it is been recorded by the security camera.
- Lastly, another disadvantage of the security camera is that it can’t be a real guard to catch burglars. It can only record the scenario that took place and sends emails alert to owners.
Securing your environment against illegal access should be everyone’s primary goal. Due to the increased rate of insecurity in the world today, it is advised that people install security cameras. This will give a detailed account on the happenings within and outside their homes, office, and so on.