A countless number of people get employed daily through LinkedIn. To that effect, President Barrack Obama even said during a press interview that he would join LinkedIn to help him get an opportunity from the numerous Linkedin job after completing his tenure. Whether he was joking or not, it is just a confirmation that LinkedIn is well known for networking and job opportunities. People are getting so familiar with LinkedIn that it is now rated the number one social networking platform with hundreds of millions of users all over the world.
Looking for a job? Get on linked in by signing up for an account and you can take off from there. The fastest way to get a job through LinkedIn is to get a referral from an employee in the company you are applying for. Another way is to reach out to a potential employer. All these centers on building powerful networks and joining groups. Getting a job through LinkedIn is mostly about your profile which is your selling point. Recruiters will go through your profile first to ascertain whether you have what they are looking for in an employee. So making the best impression through your profile is a great way to start as a job seeker.
How do you maximize LinkedIn for your job search?
Maximize the potential of your profile through the following:
- Showcase all your skills and objectives on your profile.
- Make sure that all the information you have on your profile is up to date. Update every part of your career areas for recruiters to see.
- Highlight your recent experiences such that anyone that views your page sees it clearly.
- Make your job search public using the job you are looking for as a caption as this might draw the attention of a recruiter. For instance, a mechanical engineer always ready to fix your fixable.
- Search for companies of your interest using LinkedIn tools and follow them so that you get updates about their job vacancies.
- Build more relationships and networks through LinkedIn as this gives you more opportunities to get hooked up with your dream job.
- Make sure that you are very active on the platform. Write updates in form of articles, post pictures, videos, and so on.
- Turn on the job alert feature on LinkedIn so that you will be notified each time new vacancies are posted.
Getting your dream job on LinkedIn is all about effective networking which is achieved through relationship building. So it is paramount to build your LinkedIn profile, add your connections and use them effectively. Also, don’t sit on the fence, stay in and put in your best. Anytime you are less busy, quickly log in through your mobile app, read articles, make comments, and be involved in group discussions.