SAP software is an acronym for Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing. SAP is also referred to as ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software. This software although have been in existence in the ’70s, recently got the attention of the tech world and is currently trending as one of the most effective software for business operations. Large businesses that have over 5.000 or more employees with different job functions need SAP. This will help to manage all their operations modules and customer relationships.
SAP software as an enterprise resource planning system software aims to integrate all different modules in a company making is robust, secure and ofcourse customized. As information technology is tending towards cloud computing and Data Processing, SAP becomes a necessary skill to acquire to remain viable.
SAP software Applications
- Supply Chain Management: it helps to control Production Planning, business forecasting, and demand planning. In supply chain management, SAP software is used for Supply Chain networking, supply chain planning, and coordination, and supply chain execution.
- Inventory Management: SAP software plays a major role in monitoring the flow of products into and out of an existing inventory in the warehouse.
- Human Resources Management: By integrating SAP, you can streamline and automate a major portion of the core HR processes. Right from workforce management and payroll processing to recruiting and time and attendance, SAP seeks to bump up employee engagement in your organization.
Other importance of SAP includes:
- Product lifecycle management
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Material Management and Production Planning
Is SAP software easy to learn? Must I be a programmer?
Becoming a SAP consultant put you in a very good level when it comes to IT and System analysis viability and ofcourse a good annual salary. YES! SAP is easy to learn but requires full devotion and commitment. SAP falls under the “Easy to learn, hard to master” kind of software. Because of it’s size, there are a lot of people who use it for the day to day
SAP involves system analysis mainly SAP system administration and requires no coding. Apparently, SAP implementation needs 80 to 90% business people and only require about 10 to 20% developers. Following the present lockdown situation of the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic it advised that people get their hands on several projects. Data processing is what virtually all organisations do on daily basis. So getting to learn more about SAP software at this time won’t be a bad idea.
Could SAP software have any disadvantages?
The disadvantage of SAP is the high cost of its purchase and implementation. The company must first purchase the software and hardware necessary to run the programs. Costs include labor costs of hiring internal information technology (IT) employees or external consultants overseeing the process.