Considering the millions of internet users all over the world, online advertising still remains the best way to get these web users to know your products and services. Online advertising mostly referred to as internet advertising is a way Business owners can use the internet to broadcast promotional marketing strategies to their esteemed customers.
It helps Business owners to create a good perception about their products to both Existing and Target customers and in turn increase Customer Life Time Value (CLTV). The various online platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn Instagram, Whatsapp, Snapchat, Pinterest that exists today makes Online advertising simple and easy.
Online advertising involves two key players “the Publisher” and “the Advertiser”. The Publisher is that business owner, an organization, an entrepreneur who accepts adverts into his online contents like a Blogger who request Google ads to be displayed on his or her site. The advertiser is the one who provides the advertisements to be displayed on the publisher’s content. Other third-party advert companies can as well place ads on the contents with the full consent of the Business owner or Publisher.
Importance of Online advertising
- Paying to advertise your goods and services can be very expensive especially when you wish to use a bigger advertising platform. These platforms like HULU, HBO, DSTV, FM and AM Radio stations, charge exorbitant fees to get your products to the consumers. Joining the social media like Facebook, LinkedIn is absolutely free. This makes Online advertising very cheap.
- More than one product can be advertised to the customer, unlike other advertising streams where there are limitations on the number of products to be shown to the public at a time.
- Online advertising helps business owners to target prospective customers and reduce customer shun.
- Is easy to collate and analyze Customer feedback on advertised products
- The business owner is in full control of the business.
Who Needs to Use Online Advertising.
- Young Entrepreneurs or Business starter: Most young People have great ideas that have translated into quality products. Their issue is that the right customers for these products are not easily identified by them. Get to sign up for Facebook and create a business page free to showcase your brands. Online advertising is also done on other social media platforms like Instagram, LinkedIn and so on.
- Companies or Organizations and Online Stores: Existing Companies/online stores can as well keep their customers up-to-date. Especially on new products or changes on existing ones. Online advertising makes it easy and faster.
Types of Online Advertising Methods
- Email Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Display Advertising
- Affiliate Marketing
- Mobile Advertising
The above methods are easily accessed as it gets your products to your right customer in microseconds. Sign up for Social Media and continue to increase your network of people. The best customer for your products might not be among your friends.