HBO GO is a FREE streaming service available on several devices for HBO subscribers. It is the best way to take HBO wherever you go. This service is available in the US and other US territories where a high-speed broadband connection is available.
HBO GO doesn’t do live streaming but shows new content within a few minutes after the live broadcast. Subscribers can only use it if HBO is part of their cable package through a TV provider. It gives access to HBO movies, shows, series and other content. Also, see https://tecvegas.com/hbo-stream-tv-comedy-news-and-movies-on-the-go/ for more details of HBO
HBO GO Account Set Up
In order to access HBO GO, you will need these:
- Your TV provider account username and password – If your TV provider has these, then it supports HBO GO.
- An HBO subscription through your TV provider (which you paid for).
When you have gotten these, follow these steps below to set up or sign up for an HBO GO account:
- Type in HBOGO.com on the web browser of your computer.
- From the list of providers, select your TV provider and click ’next’
- On the next screen, enter the username and password for your TV provider account.
- Type in your chosen HBO GO ID (this will be your profile name and not a name you will use to login)
- Then input your zip code, email address and confirm the email address.
- Click on the ‘create’ button and this brings you to their welcome page.
Interestingly, some TV providers allow sub-account set up. This is to allow other members of the household to access your TV provider account but each account has its own TV provider name and password. By so doing you can place control over the sub-account because different members of the family household can have their own HBO GO watchlist.
HBO GO’s watchlist allows you to add movies and shows you will like to watch in the future.
How can you watch HBO GO?
- On your computer – sign into your HBO GO account through your web browser.
- On your mobile device – use the HBO GO App. This is available for several devices including Android phones, tablets and TV, Amazon Fire TV, TV stick and tablet, computer/web browser, chromecast, Apple iPad, Apple TV, Roku players and several others.
HBO GO service is a fantastic option for HBO subscribers to watch their favourite movies, shows, and series on the go!