People all over the world today can boast of being familiar with so many forms of social media like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and so many others. Each has its own activities which are allowed in it. Likewise, LinkedIn is also a social media platform that has its own boundaries. It is made for people of different groups including professionals, companies, businessmen, job seekers, freelancers and even students.
How to sign up for a LinkedIn Account
Signing up for a LinkedIn Account is an easy process that takes just a few minutes. It has a lot involved compared to other social media sign up where u are just required to provide your preferred username and password. You can start by signing up free of charge. Here is how:
- Go to LinkedIn.com
- On the displayed form, type in your first and last names. Make sure that the names you are typing in are your real names so that you will be identified correctly.
- Enter your email address in the next field
- Input your preferred password (you can always write your password down somewhere so that you won’t forget. Also make sure it contains numerical, alphabets, upper and lower cases to avoid easy guess or hacking).
- Then click on the ‘join now’ icon and the filled form vanishes.
- Then a page will be displayed where you will be required to fill a profile form in order to create your basic professional profile through the description of your current employment status. The question fields will vary depending on the status you choose like ‘looking for work’ or ‘currently employed’. Then enter your geographical location (country and zip code) and then your company name and job title if you are employed.
Final LinkedIn Account Creation Procedure
- Now you have succeeded in creating a skeletal profile on your linked in account. This is followed by confirmation of your email address by tapping the link in a message which LinkedIn sent to your email. This enables LinkedIn to validate your email. The link will lead you back to the LinkedIn website where you will have to click on another ‘confirm’ button and the sign into your LinkedIn Account using your password.
- Lastly, choose your plan level (whether you are opting for a free or premium (paid) account). A premium account allows you to have access to advanced features. The free account offers some features although you can upgrade later when you have decided you need some advanced features. Once you select, you become a confirmed LinkedIn member.
LinkedIn Account gives you access to the connection which members enjoy. All these detailed steps do not take more than a few minutes of your time and you are good to go!