Labor Day, the first Monday in September, is the day labor movement was created and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers are making or have made towards the strength, prosperity, and well-being of their country. On this day people have time to relax off working activities. this is a way to pay back the workers in appreciation of their efforts towards nation-building by the government.
Every Nation of the world has a Labor day to celebrate her workers. Some do in May while others in September. The workforce is the pride of every nation as they are the ones that raise the GDP of most developed countries. it’s important to know that no country can stand on its own without her workers. Workers cut across people in diverse fields of endeavor. they can be Professionals, Teachers, local workers, and so on. Labor day 2020 is actually for all.
Labor Day Long Weekend
It’s a very straightforward holiday, unlike other holidays where some people are off and some aren’t, on Labour Day all stores are closed including retail stores, banks, and libraries across the country. Some restaurants and convenience stores may be open. So expect a shutdown in most Work areas. Labor day is mostly announced, this is to ensure enough preparation following the shutdown of various work environments. The essence is to give room for people to shop for what they need for the long weekend.
The Tuesday day after labour day marks the first day of school, work and other activities. Everything comes back to normalcy and people can resume fully with stories of how they spent their holiday. In the Commonwealth Countries it is spelled “labour”, in the United States is spelled “labor”
Common Quotes for your Holiday
These are quotes that workers, colleagues can share to themselves especially at this time
- “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” – Aristotle
- “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.” – Thomas Edison
- “Without labor nothing prospers.” – Sophocles
- “Nothing ever comes to one that is worth having except as a result of hard work.” – Booker T. Washington
- “Dare to be honest and fear no labour.” – Robert Burns
- “Find something you love to do, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.” – Harvey Mackay
- “The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.” – Mother Teresa
- “No human masterpiece has been created without great labour.” – Andre Gide
- “Take rest. A field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.” – Ovid
- “Nothing will work unless you do” – Maya Angelou
It’s important to ensure that one gets to understand that is a day to relax off the stress of work. Make good use of it especially to catch fun and relax. Happy Labor day!!