If you are a user of any form of Apple device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV and Mac), this is for you! Apple has provided icloud storage services for all its users who are interested. Not just storage but also syncing and backing up any type of file you wish including images, videos, documents and different kinds of files. These range of cloud-based services provided by Apple is called icloud.
Whatsoever you store or back up on icloud can be accessed through any Apple device. All you need is your Apple ID which you will have once you are an Apple device owner by entering your email address and a password of your choice. Then you set up your icloud. There are times when you won’t be able to access your Apple device due to one reason or the other (theft, crash, failure) and you would have to get a new one. Don’t worry about losing any data provided you store them on icloud. All you have to do is get a new Apple device, enter your Apple ID and bring all your data back from icloud.
How do you set up icloud storage?
First, consider the amount of data you wish to store, sync or back up on icloud and ascertain whether the free storage space will be enough for you or you may need to pay for additional space. Anyone with an Apple ID automatically gets 5 GB of free storage on iCloud. Subscription prices for more storage space range from $0.99 to $9.99 per month ($99 for 50GB, $2.99 for 200GB, $9.99 for 2TB). Set up the icloud storage following these procedures:
- Enter icloud.com on any browser, including computers running Windows or Chromebooks and this takes you to the iCloud website.
- Then type in your Apple ID and password in the spaces provided.
- Enable the Two-Factor Authentication method by clicking on the box beside it under the password field.
- Then click on a sign (➲) beside the password field and tap “allow” on another device.
- A 6-digit verification code will be sent to your phone or email and you type it in the space provided
- Then click ‘enter’ or ‘ok’ and your icloud is ready.
How to access data on icloud
Once your data is stored or synced with iCloud, you can access or work with it from any Apple device through these steps:
- Click on Settings and tap “iCloud”
- Then click “Storage & Backup” and select “Manage Storage”
- Depending on what you want, you can click on photos or iCloud Drive or Contacts to view, download, or delete access your images, files and documents and get the contacts synced from your devices respectively.