Google meet App has been newly integrated into the Gmail account. With the rapid spread of the Covid-19 pandemic, this is a business solution that connects people together, to share your video, desktop screen, and presentations with teammates and customers. Just like other video conferencing applications like Zoom, duo, Google meet stands out and has been classified as the best option for now due to its user-friendliness.
Google meet App helps employees to have their meetings from their homes as a way to reduce the spread of the pandemic and to ensure continuity in their workplace. For example, judges having online meetings to discuss cases and other court proceedings. Google meet is a software application that is proprietary to Google. For you to use Google meet, a Gmail account has to be initiated. Also Read: https://tecvegas.com/gmail-login-learn-different-login-options-to-google-mail/
Major Components Of Google Meet Application
- New Meeting: is an icon used to initiate a new meeting with one or several people when tapped, it brings up a pop-up message option to Add others by sharing the Google meet site. it allows sharing to those who you want in the meeting. it can be shared with any social media of your choice either WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Gmail, and so on. When the meeting is ongoing, you are allowed to send a message to those who are present in the meeting.
- Meeting Code: is an icon that allows you to re-join previous meeting that is already saved, you type in the code and you join the meeting automatically.
- Microphone Icon: on the application, the microphone can be enabled or disabled, it is enabled, when the user wants to be heard by others in the meeting and the microphone icon is disabled so that there won’t be much background interference
- Video Icon: it can also be enabled or disabled; you can share your video, presentation with your teammates.
How to use Google Meet App
FOR iOS Users: first of all, you have to own a Gmail mail account. Go to your Appstore to download the Google meet. Install, and start a conference meeting by clicking on the new meeting. Sharing the meeting code to your teammates is the only way to enable them join an online meeting.
For ANDROID Users: visit the play store download and install Google meet and follow same steps as the iOS to start a conference meeting, you can play around with the settings and other features in the software to get a better knowledge of the application.
User Reviews on the New Google Meet Application:
- Most users expressed lots of disappointments on the App. some serious issues were experienced on the current android version. When someone joins the meeting, the message ribbon gets blocked, preventing me from writing something for a couple of seconds. Please repair this bug.
- Some user has a different view about the app “The app is pretty horrible. Why didn’t Alphabet partner with Zoom instead of making their own video platform? Clearly this was a desperate attempt to look good to students and schools, but they failed miserably. It doesn’t integrate with Google classroom”.