Going online to search for every single need by people has become the order of the day. So companies have learned to maximize that opportunity to reach out to millions daily instead of the traditional ways. Google listing service is where you give important details of your business briefly to people who search for it through a google search, Google map or Google ads.
Google has added some interesting features to their listing service that companies should take advantage of and help to draw viewers’ attention. With Google listing, businesses can be easily located. This can also increase how you rank in local search results.
Tips for Optimizing your Google Listing
- Claim your Google My Business page: The first step is to claim this free listing on Google and include information about your organization like location, phone number, business hours, modes of payments and any other essential detail. Go to https://www.google.com/business to get started.
- Give Google all essential details: Fill out all the sections. By so doing, you’re able to control the information out there and ensure your customers are always correctly informed.
- Upload videos and images: people will like to see what you’re all about, not just read about it to show off what you’ve got!
- Constant checks: Check in as often as you can just like you do to other social media. Update every information when necessary, answer questions and respond to reviews.
- Put in more effort: The more you put into Google listing, the more you’ll get out of it. Go extra miles so that you will have a competitive edge over others.
You can easily create and update your listing to stand out among your competitors by editing your information as often as needed.
How do you edit your information on Google Listing?
Using your PC
- Sign in to Google My Business and Select ‘Info’ from the menu.
- Click the section that you want to change, then enter the new information in the box that appears and Click Apply. To remove a section, click the X next to it.
NOTE– Removing information added previously could take up to 60 days. Also, you cannot remove information that’s also publicly available or from other sources and you cannot edit editorial summaries from the web that appear next to your business.
Using your mobile (Android and iOS) devices
- launch the Google My Business mobile app.
- Click on the ‘Menu’ button (three vertical lines) and then select ‘Business info’.
- Tap Edit and enter your new information on the displayed page.
- Then click on the ‘Save’ button in the top right corner.
By verifying and editing your business information, you can help customers find you and stay glued to you thereby maximizing profit.