Working on projects, school assignments, office projects, and business reports have become easier online through the help of Google Docs. It enables other people to edit your document and make suggestions for a better output. This is a feature known as a collaboration where several users can work on a document at the same time and the edits are seen happening in real time. Who sees the document, views or comments is solely your choice.
What is Google docs?
It is an app that makes it possible to create a beautiful piece of document through editing, styling and formating of all sorts either in any web browser, on your iOS (iPhone and iPad) or Android devices.The cost of accessing Google docs is dependent on how you wish to utilise it. You can choose to freely access it and pay for Google Drive storage since all the files you’re working on are stored directly on Google Drive or you use G Suite (Google’s suite of apps that offer business and organization-oriented features) which most organisations use.
How to get started with Google Docs
The basic requirement to get started is a good internet connection, your device, and a good browser if you are using your PC. You can access Google Doc through your PC or mobile device.
Through your computer
- Go to Google Docs website (www.Googledocs.com). This brings you to the sign-in page.
- Enter your Google ID (Gmail email address and password) into the space provided for it and tap on the ‘sign in” button. This ushers you into the main directory.
- If you have created documents already, you can view and access them from the directory. Just double-click on the document and the document will open in a new tab.
- If you want to create a new document, tap the large red circle with a plus sign on the lower right corner. A new tab will open where you can start typing and editing. Everything you do is automatically saved at intervals by Google Doc. Just name your document and exit when you are done.
Through your mobile device
- Download the apps for iPhone, iPad, or Android from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store respectively.
- From your mobile device homescreen, click on the ‘Google Doc’ app icon.
- The first time you will log in through the mobile app, you will need to link it with your google account first for you to access your Google Docs. Click the ‘get started’ button and choose the google account to be used.
- Then type in your gmail email address and password in the spaces provided and click on ‘sign in’.
- You can view and access your already created documents from the directory or create a new one as in the steps above.
Google Doc is flexible and easy to learn. Most businesses are adopting it as a way to increase efficiency and aptness of information on a daily basis.