Nowadays, changes occur in the way people process and print documents. Google Cloud Print is a free and convenient way of printing works from anywhere to a connected printer in any other location. Google Cloud Print is a better option compared to the traditional method of printing because it is easy to set up, enables mobile printing, gives access to any printer and saves the cost of IT infrastructure set up for offices.
Requirements for Google Cloud Print
- A Google account.
- A printer (regular or internet-enabled)
- An active, internet-connected device capable of printing to Cloud Print (e.g. laptop, an Android phone, iOS device or tablet).
- Google Chrome web browser.
You can go ahead and set up Google Cloud Print once you have met the requirement.
Google Cloud Print Set Up
You can set up your printers with Google Cloud Print in two ways. Printers of newer models are internet-enabled and so you can connect them to Google directly. The setup procedures vary depending on the printer being used and how compatible it is. If your printer is a regular one that’s normally connected to your computer, the setup process is always the same. Also, you will need your printer to be connected to your computer and to be powered as this is the only way you can send print works to it. The steps are outlined below:
- Go to Google Chrome and click the wrench icon in the upper right corner, choose “Settings” and then click three dash lines on the LHS. This enables you to scroll down to the advanced option, then Printing. Click “Sign in to Google Cloud Print.”
- Then, enter your Google Account details and click ‘sign in’. This will enable the Cloud Print Connector on your computer.
- Click on a new message that will appear with “Finish printer registration” on it.
- You’ll receive a message confirming whether everything worked properly, and will give you a link with “Manage your printers”. Click on it to verify all the printers on your computer are now listed.
How to Print Documents via Google Cloud Print
Once you have your printers set up, you can take the following steps to print:
- Open the file you want to print and then Open Chrome.
- Click “File” on the menu bar, and then “Print.” On the pop-up menu, click “Change” and select your Google Cloud printer.
- Then click “Print”.
Using Android Smartphone
- Download and install the Google Cloud Print app.
- Enable the service and see a list of all your connected printers.
- Open the file you wish to print.
- Go to the menu options and tap “Print”.
- AirPrint will be used.
- Open Chrome on your iOS device and Open the file you want to print.
- Click the three dots arranged vertically.
- Hit “Share” and select “Print.”
Start enjoying a highly convenient printing as you wish from anywhere and at any time.