Google Assistant has been described as the widest and easy to use Artificial intelligent robots integrated on Android Smart devices. It is an artificial intelligence designed with virtual assistant created by Google. This virtual assistant has impressive visual and natural voice processing capabilities and function embedded.
Google Assistant has the ability to engage in two-way conversations with the device user. It is available in many languages such as English, Indonesian, Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi. Other languages include Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Japanese and so on.
Google Assist saves users time and energy by providing interesting, intelligent, and smart app that basically lends a helping hand. Everybody who wants a simple and easy life must have this app either activated on their device or they install it. It is primarily available on mobile and smart home devices. Assistant allows you to do just about anything you want in your phone without having to physically do it. You just talk to Assistant like it is another person with you.
Amazing Things You Can Do With Google Assistant on Your Phone
Assistant sends messages for you, makes phone calls, finds your favorite music in your phone or any other device you have, finds cafe and restaurants along your route, and knows where your friends live by your contact list. It also comes with other features such as voice controls, games, storytelling, jokes & riddles, news updates, etc. Google assistant can as well provide users with the details of the latest movies in the cinemas and the time it will be displayed.
- Make quick phone calls on the go and send text messages – You can call or send a text to friends, family, and other contacts with just your voice.
- Google Play Music – Listen to music on the go. You can listen to Google Play Music on your Google Assistant enabled devices.
- Set Alarms – You can set and manage alarms for waking up, taking medication, and much more with just your voice. Clock alarms can also be set for cooking, games, laundry, and any other activity.
- Check flights and hotels – You can hear the status of your upcoming flights, track prices, and ask about flights and hotels.
Other Things You Can Do With Google Assistant include
- Get a story – Smart Story Teller tells you Moral Stories. It’s that simple!
- Find beauty services (Salon & Spa Finder) – You can ask your Google Assistant about nearby salons and spas.
- Check traffic – With Google Assistant, you can plan your trip and find out about delays and disruptions that may affect your journey.
- Manage calendars – Use Google Calendar to manage your time. Just ask the Assistant about your next meeting, see tomorrow’s agenda, and quickly create new events.
- Find services – Get information about Nearby Places. You can ask your Google Assistant about local businesses, gas stations, museums, parks, and so on.
- Get info about sports and recreation – With Assistant, you stay up-to-date on your favorite sports teams’ rankings, schedules, and live scores.
- Set reminders and take a selfie
- Get weather information and receive updates on the latest news
What You Need to Get Started with Google Assistant on your Android Phone or Tablet
- Google Play services
- Google app 6.13 or later
- Android 5.0 or higher
- A memory of up to 1 GB
- Set Device language of your choice
How To Turn On Google Assist on Android Phone or Tablets
- Open the Google app – “Google Search”, on your phone or tablet
- Tap the Grid Menu icon on the Home screen, and then Settings.
- Under “Google Assistant”, Select Settings and then Turn on.
For Easy activation, follow the steps listed below:
- Touch and hold the Home button of your Pixel phone or say “Ok Google”.
- Then, tap Turn On when asked if you want to turn on the Assistant.
- How To Start a Conversation With Google Assistant on Android Phone or Tablet
- Touch and hold the Home button on your phone or say “Ok Google”. You can also say “Hey Google” on some devices.
- Ask a question or say a command. Note that you can also talk to the Assistant when your phone is locked by saying “Ok Google”.
What You Need to Get Started with Google Assistant on your iPad & iPhone
- iPhone or iPad with iOS 10 or higher
- Device’s language set to your language of choice, and
How to Download and Install Google Assistant on Your Mobile Device
Google Assistant app is only available on Google Play Store for Android devices and App Store for iOS devices. You can download the app from their respective stores. Here are the steps to follow:
- Tap Play Store or App Store on your phone
- On the next page, type “Google Assistant app” on the search bar
- Click on the right search result
- On the next page, click the install button
- Click Open to launch the app. Note that the Assistant is part of the Android operating system. So, most Android users will not have the need to download it again. They only thing you can do is to turn it on.
How To Start a Conversation With Google Assist on iPad & iPhone
- Launch the Google Assistant app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose an option – Either say “Ok Google”/”Hey Google” or Tap Speak Microphone
- Ask a question or say a command.
- Launch the Google Assistant app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Keyboard icon.
- Enter a question or command and then, Send.
NB: that the Assistant app is just another way of launching the Google Assistant that is already available on your Android device. The app allows users to quickly access your Assistant with one tap. You can still access your Assistant by touching and holding down your Home button on your device or by simply saying, “Ok Google” or “Hey Google” depending on your device