Due to the rise in competition in the email business and also a corresponding need of users to send and store large files by email there became a need to increase the storage capacity. Currently at 15 gigabytes which have now made it possible for a user to receive and send mails with sizes as large 50 megabytes and 25 megabytes respectively. And to send larger documents or files, users can make use of its Google drive feature.
Like every other email service provider like Yahoomail, Hotmail, Protonmail and so on, Gmail web which was built on Google’s mail server has the ability to scan emails for various purposes, part of which includes separating spam and malware and also to provide features that allow for advertisement alongside emails.
How to Open a Gmail Account
Just as mentioned above, it a free Gmail service and so if you don’t have a Gmail account, here are the steps to follow on the internet:
- 1. Visit gmail.com
- 2. Click on create an account and fill the form
- 3. Type in your preferred email address and wait for its approval.
- 4. Type in a preferred password. Always make sure your password contains an alphanumeric and special characters like hyphen or @ for security strength sake)
If you follow all instructions well in less than 2 – 3mins your Gmail account should be created and ready for use. You can go further to link to all other Google-connected websites like YouTube, Google play store and even android if you use an android device.
For more details read more on Gmail sign up procedures: https://tecvegas.com/gmail-sign-up-create-and-own-a-valid-gmail-account-with-google/
Benefits of Owing a Gmail Web
The benefit of owning a Gmail account are numerous but I will just highlight few:
- It has the largest storage capacity for attachments among all other email service provider
- It has a multipurpose function
- Easy to use interfaces i.e. it is user-friendly
- It’s an authorized link to many other google based online products.
New and old Gmail users are to explore new and additional features that Google is adding on a daily basis to make their Gmail service meet the high demand of their customers.