Gmail account Recovery is the only way to get back your forgotten passwords and username. There may be times when you need to make use of Google services such as Gmail, Google Drive, YouTube and more but you can’t access your account. This may be due to forgotten password or username, your account being hacked or you can’t get the verification code. The good news is that you can recover your account fully.
Google is good at providing its users with different options to recover their account. It is very easy to perform a Gmail Account recovery process if you’ve provided Google with enough security information during your account registration. The Security information can be recovery email, phone number, security questions, and answers.
Factors that will be considered in the Gmail account recovery Process are:
- can you remember any past password you used?
- Did you provide a backup email address for the account?
- Or did you log into your account recently from that same device you are using?
- Did you set up any security questions and answers?
- Do you have a two-factor authentication activated?
Procedures for Gmail account recovery
Recovering your Gmail account if your security information was provided during registration
- Go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery on your browser and type in your email address or phone number
- Enter the last password you remember on the next page and hit the “next” button.
- On the page displayed, type in the phone number you used and hit the “next” button.
- “Get a prompt on your device and tap, yes to sign in” will be displayed on your screen, click on “send”.
- you will receive a push notification on your device asking if this is actually you. Tap “yes” and you will receive a verification code on a backup email of your choice. In case you don’t have, you will be asked to provide one and the code will be sent to the address.
- Input the verification code from the recovery email into the dialog box and click “next”.
Google will request you to provide a new password for your account. Ensure that you set a strong password that is at least 10 characters long and contain special character or number or upper and lower cases. Then click on “change password” and your account is fully recovered.
Recovering your Gmail account
when you didn’t provide security information during registration and you forgot your password or username.
- Go to the recovery page on www.accounts.google.com/signin/recovery and enter your email address and tap “continue “
- click the “I don’t know ” option for password and select “verify your identity” option. Answer the questions provided the best way you can.
- the next page will ask when you created the account. Input the month and year and hit the “next” button.
- Google will request an email address and send a verification code which you will input in the dialog box and reset your password.
Do not panic anytime you lose access to your Gmail account due to one reason or another. Google knows such happens and has made provisions for such cases. Just grab your device and choose the best option that suits your case in order to fully perform a Gmail account recovery. Then begin to enjoy interesting Google services once again.