eBay is a well known online shopping site where buying and selling of both new and second-hand products take place. This marketplace can be located through www.eBay.com. People breeze into the site to check out different types of products and services being offered by other on the site. However, to partake in the purchasing or selling of any product on this platform, one will have to create an eBay account specifically for it.
Products are sold on eBay through auctioning or fixing of the price. The auction is where the seller places bids and the highest bidder gets the product while the fixing of price method is where prices have been set so the purchase is done the normal way. It is termed ‘but it now’ method.
How to Shop on eBay Marketplace
The basic requirements to shop at eBay are credit/debit card and a device with a good internet connection. The steps involved are as follows:
- Go to www.eBay.com
- If you are new to the site, you have to register first (whether you are buying or selling) by clicking on the ‘register’ button above their logo.
- On the registration page, enter your name and valid email address. Also, choose a password to secure your account and then tap on ‘register’ at the bottom of the page. If you have registered before, click on ‘sign in’ and then enter your user ID and password before selecting ‘ok’.
- The eBay home page will be displayed. You can search for products you want to buy by tapping on the search button, typing in the product name and clicking on ‘search’.
- A list of products that best fits your description on the search bar will be displayed. You can choose to filter the products into the ones for auction and the ‘buy it now’ ones.
If you want to buy through auction, then continue with these steps:
- Click on the image of your desired product to get more details and place a bid. There is information about the number of existing bids and the highest bidder next to the image of the auction product. Also, the time left for the auction to end is there too. Make sure the seller is authentic by clicking on the user ID below ‘seller information’ to see feedback from his previous customers.
- Then enter the maximum amount you are willing to pay in the space available and tap the ‘submit bid’ button.
- On the confirmation page, select ‘confirm bid’. A page telling you whether you are the highest bidder or you have been outbid will open.
- At the end of the auction, you will be notified by email if you are the highest bidder and then you will pay before you get the products.
If you choose to buy at a fixed price, just follow these steps:
- Choose the product you want and tap the ‘buy it now’ button.
- Review your purchase on the next page and click ‘continue’
- Enter your payment details (PayPal or credit card).
- Confirm payment on the next page and you are done.
eBay online shopping is just a complete retail store where you buy items at the snap of your fingers.