Millions of people buy and sell at eBay online marketplace. To successfully purchase from eBay, you need to have a valid eBay account. There are varieties of products on this platform and at better prices too. Transactions are easy to do at eBay. You just search for what you want through the categories available and then get it either through the auction method or through the fixed price method.
Requirements for an amazing experience at eBay are:
- You must register first and should be at least 18years old
- Create an eBay account.
Creating an eBay account of your own is necessary if you must transact on this platform as this helps others know who exactly they are dealing with. This is free but requires only a valid email address, a username, and password. Also, an internet connection is required.
How to Create an eBay Account
- Type in www.eBay.com on the URL browser of your device and click the ‘enter’ button. This takes you to the home page of eBay (at this level, you can browse through categories and check out products and services but must take the next step to be a partaker).
- Tap on ‘register’ at the top of the eBay logo.
- A page displaying the registration form will open and you will be prompted to choose the type of account you want (whether a personal or a business account). For a personal eBay account, you will provide your first name, last name, valid email address, and password but for a business account, you will provide a business name, phone number, business email and password.
- Once you are through with entering the details, tap on the ‘register ‘ button. This will take you to your account after verification of your email to ensure validity.
Sellers on this platform determine their own preferred method of payment. They usually link the online payment site (PayPal) to their user account profile to promote faster payment. Once the payment is confirmed, the seller has the responsibility of ensuring that the product gets to the buyer. The handling and shipping charges are usually added to the final money.
Ensure that you check the feedback of other buyers about the seller (by clicking on the Seller’s account below the seller information) before you make payment.
Your information on the eBay account you created (including your contact information) should always be updated. This will enable you to communicate with the seller effectively. Once you follow the guidelines, you will see that eBay online shopping experience is safe and enjoyable and you can do it while on the go!