Box Drive is an online storage hosting service where people store and backup their data. Files are continually uploaded to the ‘Box’ for storage and backup by the users who can easily access those files through an app known as the Box-Drive. You can download your files at any time and from any device. Simply put, Box Drive is a cloud drive made for Box through which millions of files can be assessed from the desktop without using computer drive or hard drive space.
Whatever you can see through the Box Web App, you can also see using Box drive and whatever changes you are making on any of the files becomes automatically saved in the ‘box’. It supports both Windows and Mac operating systems.
What does Box Drive do?
- It makes it possible for you to perform functions like search, sharing or creating Box Notes from Drive.
- Drive automatically uploads any changes you made offline immediately you connect to the internet.
- Also, it provides an interface like that of a computer for you to view all of your Box content.
- Auto-update feature- When an update becomes available, Drive displays a system notification to inform you and auto-updates when it starts up.
How to get Box Drive installed on your desktop
For you to have stored your data in the Box, you must have signed up for a Box account first. Therefore to download on your desktop,
- Sign in to your Box account by supplying your username and password
- On the upper right side of the displayed page, tap on your avatar and a menu will dropdown.
- From the menu, click “Apps” and this takes you to the page listing all Box apps
- Type “Box Drive” in the search bar, then press Enter. A link appears.
- Click on the link and choose the correct version (Windows or Mac).
- Follow the prompts to install and you are good to go.
How to access your files through the Box Drive
Once you have installed it on your device, begin to access your data by following these procedures:
- Sign in to your Box account by supplying your username and password. This takes you to the Box home page.
- Go to ‘files and folders’ tab on the upper part of the page and tap it
- From the displayed files, select the file you want by clicking it. This makes the file load and gets ready for use.
- Then on the top right side of the page, click on the ‘Download’ button (blue down arrow icon).
- When the download is completed, you can then click on that file to open it in case you want to make use of it instantly.
To get the latest feature and enjoy the Drive, always update as soon as possible.