All Microsoft Online business services rely on Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) for sign-in and other identity needs. Azure Active Directory is Microsoft’s comprehensive, highly available identity and access management cloud solution that combines core directory services, advanced identity governance, and application access management.
Who can benefit from Azure Active Directory
- App Developers: Azure AD lets you focus on building your apps. This is done by letting you integrate with an identity management solution. This is used by millions of organizations around the world.
- IT Admins: The Azure AD provides a more secure solution for your organization. This is done through the use of stronger identity management and on-premises apps. This helps to increase both security and compliance.
- Dynamics CRM Online customers: Dynamics CRM Online tenant is actually an Azure AD tenant. It lets you to immediately start to manage your employee-access to your integrated cloud apps.
Azure Active Directory Pricing Details
Azure Active Directory comes in four editions – Free, Basic, Premium P1, and Premium P2. To enhance your Azure Active Directory, you can add paid capabilities using the Azure Active Directory Basic, Premium P1, and Premium P2 editions.
- The Free edition – this is included with an Azure subscription. If you subscribe to any of Microsoft Online business services (Office 365 or Microsoft Azure), you get an Azure AD with access to all of the Free features. With the Azure Active Directory Free edition, you can manage users and groups, synchronize with on-premises directories, get single sign-on across Azure and more.
- Azure Active Directory Basic– With the Basic edition of Azure Active Directory, you get productivity enhancing and cost reducing features. The features are group-based access management, self-service password reset for cloud applications. All these are backed by an enterprise-level SLA most of the time.
- Azure Active Directory Premium P1: Designed to empower organizations with more demanding identity and access management needs. This edition includes everything you need for information worker and identity administrators in hybrid environments. It cuts across application access, self-service identity, and access management (IAM), identity protection, and security in the cloud.
- Azure Active Directory Premium P2: This new offering includes all the capabilities in Azure AD Premium P1 as well as Identity Protection and Privileged Identity Management.
How can I get started?
- you can sign up for a free 30-day trial today. Then you can start integrating your apps with Azure AD ( for App developer). Also, deploy your first cloud solution ( for IT admin)
- Read more for tips and tricks on getting an Azure AD tenant up and running fast ( for IT admin) or Check out the Developers Guide to Azure Active Directory ( for App developer)
Azure Active Directory offers a rich, standards-based platform that enables developers to deliver access control to their applications. This is usually based on centralized policy and rules. The comprehensive, high availability design of Azure AD means that you can rely on it for your most critical business needs.