AOL Mail is a free Internet-based email service powered by AOL. The email service is widely used across the world especially in the United States of America. AOL Mail has similar features like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, etc, and is available in over 53 languages. To fully explore the AOL Mail, users will have to perform the AOL Mail sign-up or create an account.
Signing up for an AOL Mail provides users the best platform to explore a whole lot of interesting features. The signup process is easy and can be completed in few steps on the AOL Mail website. Users who want to sign up for an account can easily do this by visiting www.aol.com on their various browsers.
Steps to AOL Mail Sign Up
In order to sign up, the proposed user will first choose a username, password and also ensure Internet-enabled devices such as Android smartphones, iPads, iPhones, Windows phones/tablets, Laptops, Desktop PC, etc. Below are the steps to follow to conveniently sign up for an AOL Mail account:
- Type aol.com on any web browser. This will take you to the AOL homepage.
- On the top right-hand side, you will find the Login/Join tab.
- Click on the Login/Join tab to get started.
- click on the Sign-Up tab that is at the bottom of the Sign In page.
- Sign Up page will open and you will be prompted to provide your details such as Firstname, Lastname, Username and Password, Mobile number, Country zip code, Date of Birth and Gender.
- Then, click on the Continue tab to proceed.
- Upon completing the steps, you will be requested to verify your mobile number. A verification code will be sent to the phone number you provided for authentication.
- Type the verification code sent to your phone on the space bar provided and tap on verify.
The verification timeout period is about 60 seconds within which a new user is required to enter the code. Should you fail to enter the verification code before the countdown, you will be asked to start over again for security reasons. Once you click on the Verify tab, your account creation begins. If successful, you will receive a congratulatory message confirming the creation of your new account. You can log in as soon as your account is validated.
Features/Benefits of AOL Mail
- It is a free email service
- AOL Mail offers users free storage.
- It has the ability to automatically redirect phishing schemes to your trash folder. This offers some level of protection.
- Services that allow users to connect their AOL accounts to social media platforms such as Facebook, Yahoo, Twitter, Google, etc are available on AOL mail.
- AOL Mail allows users access to some popular features such as news, finance, lifestyle, videos, games, and entertainment gist.
With AOL mail Sign up, you are a valid account owner and can send and receive emails from the comfort of your living rooms and on the Go. One of the distinctive features of AOL Mail is the task calendar. This allows users to add email invites to their calendar, set up an alert and gets a reminder on up-coming events.