Several people sign into their Amazon accounts daily to carry out one transaction or the other. There are still people especially new users who don’t find it easy to successfully perform the Amazon sign in procedure. Once you are a registered member, you can sign into your account anytime. All you need is your username which is your email address and the password. Also, you can use any device of your choice provided it has an internet connection.
Procedures for Amazon Sign In
Ensure that you input your correct details as the process is sensitive. The following procedures grants you access to your Amazon account:
- Visit amazon.com using the web browser on your computer or other devices
- Hover the mouse on the upper right corner where you see the “hello. Sign in” icon. A drop-down menu appears from where you click “sign in”.
- On the displayed page, enter your email address if you are using your computer or phone number if you are using the mobile app. Then click on “continue”.
- Enter your correct password and click on “sign in” and you will be taken to the homepage of your account.
0nce you are able to sign into your account after creating a new account, the next thing is set up or personalize your account to suit you.
How do you then set up an Amazon account – After Amazon Sign in
The basic ones you need to be able to shop at Amazon are:
- Reset your payment method. Click on “Your Account” on the upper right corner of the screen. Click on “add a credit card” under the “Payment Methods” menu. Fill in the relevant information for whichever kind of credit card you plan to use, including your billing address. When you are through, go to “Manage Your Payment Methods.” and confirm that you filled every information correctly. Your credit card should now appear there.
- Put a shipping address. Go to “Your Account” again and navigate to the “Account Settings” area. Select the “Add New Address” option. Input your password, and complete the form by entering your name and shipping address. Click “Save and Continue.”
- Personalize your profile. Click on “Your Account” again and select “Your Public Profile” under the “Personalization” sub-heading. Enter the details you want visible on your public profile (name, location, birthday, anniversary, website, photo) as prompted. Then click the “I have read the Terms and Conditions” box, before pressing “continue”. You’ll be asked to enter additional details about yourself. Tap “Finish,” and your profile will be complete.
- Create a Wish List. To create your own wish list, go to “Your Account” and click on “Wish Lists.” On the right side, click on a “Create your Wish List” button. So, when you check items on Amazon, you can put them on your wish list by clicking on the “Add to Wish List” button.
Once you follow the procedures above, consider yourself ready to perform transactions on Amazon.