Amazon keeps coming up with new and different echo to meet up with their clients’ satisfaction. Amazon echo second generation is simply a hands-free speaker which you control with your voice. Echo does all you ask (like provide information about news, sports, and other aspects, write a shopping list, turn on/off the light, set the alarm and much more) once it is linked to the Alexa Voice Service.
How to get started with Your Amazon Echo second-generation
- Download the Alexa app and sign in. The app is available on iOS and Android devices. Go to the app store or Google play store on your iOS and Android devices respectively and search for the “Alexa app.” Then select, download and install the app. With this free Alexa app, you can set up your device, ask questions, manage your home, write shopping lists, and more. Also, if you are using your computer (Wi-Fi enabled), go to https://alexa.amazon.com from Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer.
- Then switch on your Amazon Echo (2nd Generation) by Plugging the power adapter into Amazon Echo and then into a power outlet. The light ring on Amazon Echo turns blue, and then orange. When the light turns orange, Alexa greets you.
- Connect Amazon Echo to a Wi-Fi network following the prescribed instructions in the app and you are good to go.
- Start with the default wake word ‘Alexa’ and then speak naturally to Alexa. Subsequently, you can change the wake word by clicking on the devices icon on the Alexa app. Then choose your device, and select the Wake word you desire. OR you can say to the Amazon Echo “Change the wake word.” Follow it up until you get the wake word you prefer.
What makes Amazon Echo Second-Generation special?
- The sound quality is fantastic compared to other hands-free speakers and the first generation.
- The beamforming technology, noise cancellation and several microphones which it has made it possible for it to hear you from anywhere in the room (even while music is playing or with noise in the background).
- The second-generation Echo Plus has increased back volume and a larger subwoofer at 3 inches. It still has a 0.8-inch tweeter like its predecessor. This means better sound quality (stronger bass, plus crisper mid- and high-tones).
Other Distinguishing Features include:
- Amazon Echo second-generation has a temperature sensor that enables more advanced commands related to the temperature in your home (for example…turn on the AC when the temperature reaches 60 degrees)to be accomplished.
- It has an in-built hub which makes it easier to set up your smart home fast. This means you don’t need any extra hub for more control and efficiency.
- Without touching anything, you can call almost anyone since it is hands-free.
Amazon is trying very hard to give their customers the best. Amazon Echo Second generation, when compared with the first, proves so.